June 18, 2009

The Usual

Introduction: Over readings of many many blogs, I came across a new style of writing called 55 Fiction. So decided to try my hand at limiting my stories to 55 words. This is my first attempt. More to come.


-The Usual-

“The usual”, says the girl and hands him a yellow dandelion.

He smiles and pays the girl. It starts to drizzle. He turns to look at the light in his apartment and smiles at the thought of his wife.

He starts walking on the path he has been taking for the last 55 years.

2 comments:

  1. Cool... a good start, though you progressed from subtle to bold... in ur 55 fiction .. I read from the latest to oldest... this being the most subtle post of urs... :)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) though this is my 2nd one.. I started my 55 fiction with the "Anything for you", just published this first.. hehe

    ReplyDelete